Thursday, May 7, 2009

The big switch

So we've decided to switch to cloth diapers now that the bean is 10 months old. Now these aren't your grandmothers cloth diapers. There are several options for cloth diapers and I went to a cloth diaper info session and the women were wonderful and explained EVERYTHING. I'm going with pocket diapers which are a normal diaper that has a pocket you slip absorbent things into and all in ones, which have the absorbent thingys sewn in, but a pocket where you can add more for nighttime. Washing is super simple too and with our new clothesline they can get sanitized in the sun. The only downside is they cost $15-25 a pop...right now we spend about $40 a month. I'm also trying to switch to using washcloths as wipes to save on wipes. Of course I am reasonable and will use disposables if we go somewhere I can't do laundry. Thankfully the baby didn't seem to notice the switch. More later as we figure this out.

No comments: